On Poland's National Day, held last Sunday, Polish airmen entered into possession of their own Polish Club et Nottingham. It was a Catholic as well as a Polish celebration, for the Club premises, which are in a block of buildings which house the Cathedral Hall, College Street, Nottingham, were bleesed by a Polish Air Force chaplain and by the Administrator of St. Barnabas Cathedral, the Rev. Fr. Edward Ellis, D•D., before Group-Captain lwaszkiewicz asked the Lord Mayor of Nottingham to open the Club. In the absence of the Bishop of Nottingham, who was unable to get back to Nottingham in time to be present but sent a telegram of good wishes, the Vicar General of the diocese presided.
Page 5, 8th May 1942
8th May 1942
Page 5, 8th May 1942 — POLES HAVE CLUB IN NOTTINGHAMClose
Report an errorNoticed an error on this page?
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it.
People: Edward Ellis
Page 7 from 2nd May 1963
Page 7 from 19th January 1951
Page 8 from 9th May 1941
Page 5 from 22nd February 1985
Page 18 from 29th June 2007
POLES HAVE CLUB IN NOTTINGHAM
Keywords: Nottingham, Bishop Of Nottingham, England, Edward Ellis, Geography Of The United Kingdom, Religion / Belief
blog comments powered by Disqus