Page 7, 5th October 1956

5th October 1956
Page 7
Page 7, 5th October 1956 — All the best for new Hens school
Close

Report an error

Noticed an error on this page?
If you've noticed an error in this article please click here to report it.

Tags

Locations: London

Share


Related articles

Street For Children Only

Page 9 from 26th July 1963

Big Day For Broxbourne

Page 7 from 22nd September 1961

Bp. Craven To Bless

Page 5 from 19th July 1963

The Bill For 31 Schools-£1,240,000

Page 11 from 7th December 1951

Woman To Head London Schools Set-up

Page 1 from 27th January 1984

All the best for new Hens school

A NEW secondary school for 500 children was opened on Saturday by the Vicar Capitular of Westminster, Bishop Craven,

on a 20-acre site at Garston. Watford.

The school, the first of its kind to be built in Hertfordshire, is planned and equipped up to the standard required by the Ministry of Education and the County Education Authority.

Apart from classrooms for general subjects, special provision is made for teaching domestic science, metalwork and woodwork, using the most up-to-date equipment.

The school is in the charge of the Dominican Sisters from Rosary Priory, Bushey.

'The school, costing £135,000 has been built with the cooperation of the Dominican Sisters, with the Westminster diocese, the Ministry of Education and the Hertfordshire County Council.

The architects are Messrs. Archard and Partners, F./A.R.1.B.A., of London and the buildings were constructed by Messrs. Charles Brightman of Watford.




blog comments powered by Disqus