Chaplain to the Sisters Servants of the Holy Ghost, Caverswall Castle, Staffs, for the last four years, Fr. Theodore Stratmann, S.V.D., has died at the North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary. A Solemn Requiem for the repose of his soul was sung at St. Filumena's Church, Caverswall, followed by interment at Hadzor, near Droitwich, where the Fathers of the Divine Word have their college of St. Richard for students for the Foreign Missions. Fr. Stratmann was a professor of Latin, Greek and Hebrew with the Society of the Divine Word, the headquarters of which are at Steyl, Holland, and has spent most of his life at the various colleges of the Society on the continent. He came to England in 1923 to make a study of the English language and then returned to the continent.
Owing to ill-health, however, Fr. Stratmann again returned to England in 1936 for a few weeks' rest, but, as his health failed to show the improvement hoped for, he had remained in this country to the time of his death.