From our own Correspondent
Harlow, new satellite town of Essex, was consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on Sunday, when parishioners and clergy from Epping, eight miles away, bore the Walsingham Pilgrimage (1947) Cross and set it up on the plot of land reserved for the future church.
The Cross had remained during the preceding week at Epping, where it had been brought on the Feast of the Assumption from Bishop's Stortford, fifteen miles away, on the occasion of a similar consecration of that town to the Immaculate Heart.
Some 300 people attended the Harlow pilgrimage, and Fr. Burgess, parish priest at Epping, from which Harlow is also • served, visited parishioners' houses along the route. consecrating each and reciting in them the latter part of the Consecration Prayer used by the present Holy Father in his historic war-time broadcast to Fatima pilgrims.
The Walsingham Crass, which has remained all this week at Harlow, is being carried back to Bishop's Stortford this Sunday, the procession being due to leave at 3 p.m.