LIVERPOOL cirurom AND SCHOOL BUILDER
Solemn Requiem Mass for the repose of the soul of the Rev. William L. Weston, parish priest of the Church of St. Matthew, Liverpool, was celebrated at the church by Mgr. John P. Molony, 0.B.E., MC., in the presence of Dr. Downey, Archbishop of Liverpool, the Rt. Rev. Robert Dobson, Bishop of Cynopolis, and a representative gathering of clergy, recently, The panegyric was preached by the Rev. Peter Walsh, and the interment took place at Yew Tree Cemetery, Fr. Weston, who would have attained his 61st birthday on May 31, died at his presbytery on Sunday last after a long illness. Educated at St. Edward's College, Liverpool, and St. Joseph's College, Upholland, he was ordained in 1905 and served at St. James', Bootle, St. Marie's, Widnes, St. Mary's, Barrow, St. Elizabeth's, Litherland, and St. Patrick's, Liverpool, prior to being appointed Rector of St. Matthew's in 1923, six months after the founding of the mission by the late Fr. Walter Hothersall.
Fr. Weston erected the fine permanent, church, the presbytery, and provided school accommodation for 900 children.