On October 31. 1949, the Carmelites returned to their old home. The Friars. Aylesford. after an absence or almost 500 years. This year we will he celebrating the Silver Jubilee of the return. Over the past 25 years many. many pilgrims have visited The Friars and many of them will have taken photographs both of esents and or the buildings. eVewould he very grateful for the loan of any old photographs and for permiksion to reprint and reproduce them so that we can build up a pictorial record or these years.
Rev Hugh Clarke, 0.Carm., Prior Carmelite Priory,
The Friars, Aylesford, Maidstone, Kent.