Intense Communist Activity in Belgium
From Our Om Correspondent The Communist propaganda service here has recently sought to refute your Correspondent's assertion that there arc twenty-nine different Communist organisations in Belgium engaged in furthering the cause of class war and the anti-God campaign.
The Communists not only emulate the plea of the unmarried mother by 15. Federation of Belgian Working replying that there are in fact only a Men's Theatres.
Two tr compose ts
few-nine, to be exact-but also they federation. avellin Theg tro one,upes " The Peoplhe'is allege that they are merely humaniTheatre," the other "L'Equipe." In addi tarian, cultural and pacific in aim. lion there are various local troupes known
Your Correspondent dealt with this latter plea in his dispatch relating to the importation of arms into Belgium by these Communist organisations.
But as a proof that there are twenty-nine Communist organisations (plus two new ones), there follows the complete list with a few details.
The list shows the incredible energy of the Communists which at present is matched on the Catholic side with domestic squabbles and much inertia.
1. Communist Party in Belgium and Flemish Communist Party.
2. The Communist Youth or The Socialist Young Guard.
This is the outcome of the new policy set up in 1935 by Moscow of amalgamating the young Socialists with the Communists. In this organisation the Communists have the upper hand.
3. International Red Help.
Its object is to render ready help to revolutionary refugees coming to Belgium.
4. International Help for Workmen. Provides assistance to strikers.
5. The " Friends of the U.S.S.R." Pro-Soviet propaganda is its object in cultural scientific, social, etc., spheres 6. League. Against Imperialism and Colonial Oppression. The Belgian Section of this, under cover of " humanitarianism," is actively fomenting troubles in the Belgian Congo.
7. League of Proletarian Freethinkers.
8. League of " Lenin's. Pioneers." This groups children under 15 years of age. It works in (1) Liege; (2) Charleroi; (3) Brussels; (4) Ghent; (5) Mouscron, and (6) Menin.
9. Club for Belgo-Russian Intellectual Intercourse.
10. Labour University of Brussels. This is a school for professional revolutionaries founded by the Communist Party.
11. Vigilance Committees of The AntiFascist Intelligentia. 12. Federation of Marxist Students.
13. The " Friends of Cinematographic Art."
This is a Co-operative Society founded in Belgium by the Communists to exploit Soviet films.
14. Clubs for Working Youths. These clubs have been set up by Com munist Youth. Sport is one aim. The other aim is revolutionary instruction. as " Blue Shirts."
16. The " Prokor."
This is a vast Jewish organisation managed by the Communist Party. It has in activity important sections in most of the large towns of Belgium.
17. League of Russian and Ukrainian Workmen (working in Belgium).
18. Italian Anti-Fascist League.
19. "Amicale" of Hungarian Workmen in Belgium.
20. Club of Bessarabian Immigrants.
21. League of Tenants (Lodgers' League rather). It " works " poor quarters of Brussels.
22. Centre for Diffusion of Literature and The Societe Anonyme "Publican" Ltd.
Library, bookshop and publishing house for all Communist literature in Belgium.
23. The "Co-operatives," " La Proletarienne," "Co-operons," " La Fraternelle." " Lenin House," " Our House," all founded by the Communists and having their shop fronts on the streets of the leading cities and centres of Belgium.
24. Revolutionary Seamen's Club. (Competition for the Apostolatus Maris.) 25. "Popular Front" Committees.
One hundred and fifty of these are established and at work in Belgium at this present moment.
26. Committees for the Out-of-Work.
27. Revolutionary Association for Invalids.
28. Defence Committees of the Voix Da Peu pie.
Nearly 200 of these spread this daily Communist paper over the country.
29. R.U.P. (Universal Assembly For Peace).
30. The " Amicales" of Ex-Combatants from Red Spain.
These " Amicales " band together all the Belgians back from the Spanish Red Front, 31. Communist Women.